Home staging is a marketing technique used to create an interior environment to sell a property. The goal of staging a house is to increase the property appeal to any buyer in the market. Home stagers focus on enhancing the positive aspects of the house/apartment and disguise the less attractive by suggesting how space can be used.
- Clients are not buying a property, they are buying a home
- Without furniture, it is challenging to have an idea of the space
- Studies show that only 10% of your visitors can visualise a potential home from an empty property
- A property sells 3 to 5 times faster and at a higher price with home staging
- An empty property always has extra costs & its cost is devalued
1. Clients are not buying a property, they are buying a home
Home staging, as mentioned, is the technique of staging a property into a home. Using this technique gives potential buyers a vision of what to do with the property and how they can turn it into a home.
2. Without furniture, it is challenging to have an idea of the space
When you see an empty room, there is only the floor, the walls, and nothing else. That leads the buyer to question if their bed would fit in that space or if an extra closet would make the room too crowded. By showing a room with a few pieces of furniture, you make sure that your potential buyer leaves their visit with no doubt about the space and with ideas of how to decorate their future home.
3. Studies show that only 10% of your visitors can visualise a potential home from an empty property
As mentioned above, potential buyers have difficulty having a clear vision when shown a blank space. If only 10% of the population can visualise an empty space, this means that if you put a property for sale on the market with no furniture or styling, you are losing the attention of 90% of your potential buyers. Consequently, they will move to the next property on the real estate website and potentially purchase from one of your competitors. Using home staging, you cover 100% of the potential buyers in the market.
4. A property sells 3 to 5 times faster and at a higher price with home staging
When you present “a home” to the market, potential buyers feel more connected to the property that you are selling. This means that you have a higher number of people interested in your property, leading to more offers which enables you to sell it faster and at a higher price. According to APHS, you can see an increase of up to 10% on the selling price compared to the asking price.
5. An empty property always has extra costs & its cost is devalued
Home staging has a low cost. You can make a bed out of an inflatable mattress or you can turn some boxes into furniture. That will have your property looking like a beautiful home in your photos. You are also delaying the selling moment of the property when you present an empty house to the public to save the costs of home staging.
While the property stays on the market for a longer time, the owner will have to pay for the various costs associated with owning a property. A couple of examples of these are insurances, mortgage loans, and building costs. These all depend on the type of property, more months on the market, more costs for the seller.
In other words, you need to keep up with the market. In a world where visuals matter and the digital world is growing every day, people are more demanding with their needs. Real estate agents need to answer the needs of their customers.