With more than 2.7 billion active users in the world, Facebook is the social media of reference to boost your online visibility. Many realtor have already taken the step by creating their own real estate page on Facebook.
To stand out, you will need to create content and develop your notoriety in order to increase your customer portfolio and boost your results.
In this article, we give you simple tips in order for you to increase the notoriety of your page and your publications.
Choose the right illustration
To stand out from the thousands of posts published daily on Facebook, it's important to choose your illustration carefully. Your real estate post should always be accompanied by a visual in order to draw Facebook's users toward your content.
The use of photos
Illustrated publications receive 2 to 3 times more commitment than those without. When promoting a property on Facebook, illustrate it with a minimum of four photos to share enough information about the property.
To attract the curiosity of Facebook users, you can also add additional photos. Nevertheless, keep in mind that the quality of your photos should stay your focus point. It's what will motivate the Internet user to consult your ads!
👍 Nodalview tip: Once you've chosen the photos you want to post, check their dimensions to make sure they will look good on Facebook.
The use of visuals
If you want to create your own illustrations, there are a number of free and easy to use websites. For example, you can use Canva.
If you want to use an image from internet, you should use free image databases such as Freeimages. You will find there high quality visuals.
Don't forget, the aim is always to arouse the interest of the user. Your visual should be neither too loaded nor too empty. Add only the necessary information that will make the customer want to know more.
The use of panoramas
If you work with panoramas, use them for your real estate post! On Facebook, panoramas move as you move your phone (on Androïd). It's a visual that is rarely used but super fun. It will encourage users to discover your entire portfolio.
To make high-quality real estate panoramas from your smartphone and automatically adapted to Facebook posts, you can use solutions such as Nodalview.
The use of videos
Video is the preferred content on social media. On Facebook, videos generate 135% more traffic than pictures.
Today, more than half of companies believe that Facebook is the social media that has the best impact when it comes to publishing and promoting video content.
In term of duration, be careful ! The level of attention on Facebook is limited, so focus on short videos (less than 2 minutes). It's important to keep in mind that formats no longer than 90 seconds will retain half of the users. Here are some examples of videos you can share:
- Presentations of your properties
- Videos about your agency's news (new office, awards received...)
- Promotional videos (new fees, special offers...)
For more ideas, take the time to read our article on how to create your real estate video.
Write only the essential
The 70/20/10 rule
In order to diversify your editorial line and to arouse the interest of users, we suggest you use the 70/20/10 rule:
- 70 % of the published content must be related to your activity as a realtor and provide added value (advice, real estate events, sharing of articles, testimonials...)
- 20 % of the published content must come from experts or partners. Content that you will share directly on your page.
- 10 % of the published content will be posts dedicated to the promotion of your properties.
Highlight your properties
When you want to share one of your properties on Facebook, give the essential information that will attract your prospect and encourage him to click on the link of your ad.
You can mention :
- the location of the property
- the sale or rental price
- a short description of the property ("perfect for a family of..., near..., renovated in ....")
- a Web link that will take the prospect to your website
- your contact information (the client must be able to contact you immediately)
For your ads, give priority to quality over quantity. Share your exclusive mandates and those that will most motivate your prospects to visit your website. This will also allow you to show your professionalism and add new properties to your portfolio.
Example of publication highlighting a property
Think about adding value to your publication
Through value added posts, you will bring your expertise in the field of real estate.
When you publish or re-post, the most important information should be on the visual or in the shared content directly. For this type of content, make sure you shorten the text between 40 to 80 characters maximum.
Share content from partners and experts in your field
The purpose of these publications is to diversify your content and interest your followers. We advise you to share publications such as:
- Blog articles
- Publications of your partners likely to interest your followers
- Real estate news
Develop your personality
Your followers are also interested in the life and actuality of your agency and your employees. To showcase your personality on Facebook, you can create publications about:
- Testimonials from your clients highlighting your professionalism
- The arrival of a new employee
- Photos and videos of you giving a tour of one of your property
- Your events
Publish regularly and at the right time
How many publications per week?
Regularity is an important element in your publishing strategy, without it you cannot properly interest your prospects.
With few publications, your target will have little interest in what you share. Your visibility and the loyalty of your followers will not be good. On the other hand, flooding your Facebook page with content will only pollute your prospects' Facebook feeds and a high risk of disinteresting your audience.
The recommended rate of publication on Facebook is 2 to 3 publications per week.
When to publish?
Monday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday are the 4 days when a company's publications are most likely to interest and have an impact on Internet users. Regarding publication schedules, ask yourself what time your prospects are most likely to visit Facebook.
If you're targeting workers, make sure you publish during those time slots:
- between 7:00 and 8:30, to be visible before the start of the working day.
- between 12:00 and 2:00 pm, during the lunch break.
- between 5:00 p.m. and 9:00 p.m., when your prospects get off work.
Save time! Schedule your publications.
You can schedule your publications in advance for the whole week. Find out in a few steps how to publish your real estate posts in advance.
- Go to your page and create a new publication.
- Click on publishing tools
- Click on schedule a publication and write what you want to publish.
- Click on the blue arrow next to Publish and then on Schedule Publication to confirm your publication.
By following all these tips, you will ensure to maximize the effectiveness of your real estate posts and thus give you every chance to increase your visibility on Facebook.